Are you a mainstream GA/Welfare Assistant looking to work in a Special School?
Do you have expertise in working with children and young people with physical disabilities, learning difficulties or medical needs? Do you want to learn more? If so, we welcome you to apply to work with us.
You would be working under the direct instruction of teaching staff and teaching assistants and to assist with the general welfare and care of pupils in relation to pupils physical, social and emotional needs and development.
- Attend to the personal, social and physical needs of pupils including washing, toileting, assisting with feeding, bathing, dressing and undressing pupils.
- Under the direct supervision of the teacher or other staff, assist individual or groups of pupils in the classroom and ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- Help pupils to transfer to and from their transport and escort them to a designated area.
- Relay pupil care information to teaching staff for updating of schools records.
- Carry out washing, laundry and cleaning of equipment duties.
- Prepare and maintain learning equipment and ensure that the classroom is kept clean and tidy.
- Display and present the pupils' work, under the direction of teaching staff, so that it enhances the classroom environment and celebrates achievment.
- Attend staff and other meetings and participate in staff training development work and staff reviews as required.
Hebden Green is committed to the safeguarding of all pupils and the school community. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, overseas police check (if applicable), health checks and professional reference checks.