Graduate Trainee - Transformation (up to 36 months fixed term contract)
The Transformation team is a hardworking, fast-paced and diverse team covering project management, policy development, organisational development and workplace culture (including some in-house training), performance, data analysis, customer engagement and consultation, and climate! NSDC is a great place to work; our staff are dedicated and value-orientated, and we have a strong sense of team (plus great annual leave and flexi-leave allowances which helps)!
As our graduate you will be working across the team getting experience in project delivery, service improvement and policy development. You will work with the team’s Transformation Officers and Performance and Climate specialists on a range of topics which may include;
- Working with the lead officer to coordinate customer engagement activities such consultation and mystery shopping to inform our Community Plan. This will include tasks like building online surveys.
- Working with a cross organisational team to deliver key workplace culture activities that help develop NSDC as an organisation; from training staff to developing and building staff surveys, helping lead officers to develop staff forums and coordinating activities such as our annual thank-you week.
- You will also be expected to support key transformational projects. Under the guidance of the lead officer you will be coordinating project team meetings, setting the agenda and supporting the delivering of the meetings by identifying key actions as well as keeping key documents, such as risk registers and project plans, up to date.
- You will also be expected to support the lead officer with undertaking change reviews to deliver improvements. These may be triggered by performance or customer feedback. You will work with the lead officer and colleagues from across the Council to gather data and information to develop discussion documents and presentations to be taken to member working groups. You will help the lead officer facilitate these workshops supporting the investigation of options and take action notes to ensure the right details are brought back to the working group for discussion.
- You will also learn about data analysis including how to analyse service data, customer feedback and statistics to build a picture of a situation or issue, as well as supporting the lead officer to draw meaningful conclusions on how to improve services.
Alongside this, you will also spend time each week working towards a Project Management Qualification. You can find details of the planned qualification here: Associate Project Manager
We are not too concerned about the area of your degree – we are more interested in you as a person. We are looking to recruit an organised, resourceful and creative thinker who is ready to take on the challenge of a new role so, if you are a graduate looking for your next opportunity, we want to hear from you!
We would really like to get to know you in your application so, instead of the usual form, we would like you to submit an expression of interest where you tell us;
- About yourself and your background (what makes you unique!),
- Why you believe you are suitable for the role (including how you meet the essential criteria on the job description / person specification), and
- The skills, experiences and qualities you would bring to the role.
Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV.
To find out more, check out the Job Description or give me a call on 01636 655279.
Good luck, and I look forward to meeting you at interview!
Assessment and Interview dates to be confirmed
Veterans/family of forces/ex-forces, those in care/care leavers, and candidates who declare a disability (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) will be guaranteed an interview provided they have demonstrated that they meet the essential criteria of the post, as detailed in the Person Specification, on their application form.