Are you a mainstream GA/Welfare Assistant looking to work in a Special School?
Do you have expertise in working with children and young people with physical disabilities, learning difficulties or medical needs? Do you want to learn more? If so, we welcome you to apply to work with us.
We are looking for a temporary GA/Welfare Assistant for 2 x terms, with the possibility of extending the contract.
You would be working under the direct instruction of teaching staff and teaching assistants and to assist with the general welfare and care of pupils in relation to pupils physical, social and emotional needs and development.
Main duties to include:
- To work as a Welfare/ General Assistant within the classroom and be part of a team
- To support pupils with physical management plans
- To support pupils with their personal care needs including feeding, dressing, toileting, washing and supporting in the therapy pool
- To work across the school, with other pupils as the need arises
- To build relationships with pupils and staff as part of a team of teachers, teaching assistants and general assistants
- Tp help pupils transfer to and from their transport and escort them to designated areas.
- To wash and clean equipment as directed
Ensure the classroom is kept clean, tidy and fit for purpose
Hebden Green is committed to the safeguarding of all pupils and the school community. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, overseas police check (if applicable), health check and professional reference checks