Newham Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
Newham PRUs Management Committee is seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic Deputy Head Teacher to lead curriculum and assessment across the schools. If you possess a clear vision and understanding of working with a range of vulnerable learners and are enthusiastic, resilient and resourceful with a proven success in this field, then we would love you to join our school. We passionately believe in giving young people every opportunity to learn and succeed in our friendly, supportive PRUs where the little things you do every day will have life-changing results.
Newham PRUs consists of Tunmarsh School, New Directions PRU and Phoenix Provision all located in the London Borough of Newham. We offer a range of educational programmes for young people with SEMH needs who have been permanently excluded, are at risk of permanent exclusion and those who are vulnerable or have medical needs. Our aim is to remove barriers to learning through an individualised response to our pupils’ needs.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
- Excellent school leadership and management skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience of leading whole school developments relating to teaching and learning at KS3 and KS4
- The ability to think strategically, establish and communicate a clear vision and develop whole school priorities in response to both local and national agendas.
- Understanding of the principles which would underpin attachment aware and trauma informed pedagogy across learning.
- Evidence of raising attainment and standards.
They will also have significant experience of implementing successful strategies for responding to the needs of pupils with social, emotional and behavioral difficulties.
If you would like to visit Newham PRUs prior to making an application please contact the Head Teacher, Kirsten MacLeod
Closing Date: 14th November 2021
Interview Date: 23rd November 2021