Would you like to work in the catering industry? Do you have a passion for feeding young people?
We currently have the following Catering Assistant vacancies:
- Ashley School, Ashley Road, Walton-on-Thames KT12 1HX. The starting salary for this role is £6,782 per annum for 16.25 hours per week, 38.2 weeks per year.
- Grovelands School, Terrace Road, Walton-on-Thames KT12 2EB. The starting salary for this role is £5,217 per annum for 12.5 hours per week, 38.2 weeks per year.
These positions are predominantly Monday to Friday over the lunchtime period, although we are currently trialling more flexible work options. Twelve15 have Catering Assistant positions available in schools across the county.
Helping prepare and serve food is just one aspect of this varied role. Setting up the dining area, serving children and assisting with cleaning duties are all part of a typical day’s work. You will need to get on well with colleagues with a friendly smile for all our customers.
We have great opportunities available for committed, motivated people who want to join our team. You will be at the forefront in delivering quality lunches within schools for our most important customers: the children. It is Twelve15's belief that every child has a right to a good school meal.
Strong customer services skills would be required as a key part of the role is working with our clients, the school, to maintain and increase uptake of school meals.
We want to live in a world where our planet is cared for and the people living on it have healthy bodies and minds.
We are very committed to developing talent and skills to ensure our team members are the very best they can be and have the opportunity to grow and flourish. If you want to be part of this great team with fantastic opportunity to showcase your passion and skill, please read on.
Twelve15 are looking for:
- First and foremost, a passion and skill for assisting in the preparation and serving of great food
- Good communication: teamwork and customer service
- Someone who is creative
- Flexibility: occasionally you may be asked to work in other local schools
Twelve15 can offer you:
- Full training and induction
- Teamworking skills
- Internal opportunities
- Our Superstar initiative recognises staff via nomination from their colleagues
- Get involved with mini projects and theme days
- Internal wellbeing champions and services available
- A regular internal e-newsletter showcasing the teams’ fantastic work and positive news
- Term time only hours that allow good work/life balance
Do our values resonate with you? Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? If so, we encourage you to apply.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 4th November 2021.
Interviews date to be confirmed.
An Enhanced DBS check for regulated activity and the Children's Barred List check will be required for this role. This will be paid for by Twelve15. You need to be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Precautions and risk assessment are currently in place to ensure the workplace is Covid-secure.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from a generous local government salary related pension as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.