The Lime Trust is looking for an Early Years Practitioner - 2 Year Old Lead to join one of their primary schools - Lime Academy Larkswood. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primary, in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
Lime Academy Larkswood is a lively and diverse three-form entry primary school with nursery located in the London Borough of Waltham Forest, a thriving, vibrant community on the Epping Forest borders. The school offers excellent facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated staff.
Vision and values
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and be respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity-rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate
The leader of the Two-Year-Old Provision will have a key role within the nursery to promote outstanding teaching and learning through play. The post holder will have day to day responsibility for the EYP's within their provision/room. The focus of th work is teaching and learning and exercise of professional skills and judgeement.
The successful candidate will work with the teaching and learning team and the Senior Leadership Team at the school to support pupils, promote best practice, and contribute to the aims and ethos of the Trust and its schools.
Candidates should be ambitious and passionate professionals, who will add value to our school in striving to help deliver personalised learning that prepares our pupils for the next stage in their life, and who can:
- Be accountable for all children’s progress, attainment and outcomes
- Have an excellent understanding of early child development and the EYFS Framework; keeping up to date with curriculum/framework changes
- Plan and deliver daily guided activities
- Coordinate and assign EYPs to lead learning at all times, modelling best practice
- Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
- Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration, support and development, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Benefits include:
- A welcoming and supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee assistance programme
- CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
Scale: Grade 6
Salary range:Point 18 (£27,978.00) - Point 21 (£29,517.00) - Term Time Only
Hours: 36 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Tuesday 9th November 2021 at 12.00pm
Shortlisting: W/C 15th November 2021
Interviews: W/C 22nd November 2021
Visits to our schools are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit on 0208 529 4979.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.