Fixed-term (12 months, with the possibility of an extension)
Full-time (37 hours per week) based at Charnwood Borough Council
An opportunity has arisen to be part of the Resettlement Service welcoming and supporting families resettled across the County and Rutland on the Afghan Locally Employed Staff (LES) Relocation Scheme.
We are looking for 2 Resettlement Workers who will be responsible for providing effective integration and orientation support for families resettled in the UK. The families resettled on the schemes may have complex needs and you will provide the practical and emotional support to help them to adapt to life in the UK.
So, if you have:
- Experience in delivering a high-quality service supporting positive outcomes for relocated families who speak English as a second language,
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to use appropriate discretion to address complex situations,
- Ability to manage a demanding case load and to plan and prioritise effectively in order to achieve targets and meet deadlines,
- Ability to work in partnership with external agencies to achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable families,
- Good written communication skills including the ability to produce clear and concise support plans and reports,
- Good knowledge of the statutory framework in relation to safeguarding and an ability to apply this in practice and in day to day case work.
then this role might be for you.
If you have any questions, please contact Emma Moonlight 01509 634783 for an informal chat about the role.
Please note that this job requires the post holder to work across the County and Rutland and attend meetings at various different locations.
Secondments and job shares will be considered. Please ensure you have your Line Manager’s approval to apply.
The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
No agencies or CVs please.