• A capable and experienced leader, with a degree (or equivalent) in a commercial, financial, or procurement-related area?
• Experienced, with a good grasp of local government contracts and procurement, as well as costing and charging models?
• An expert negotiator and influencer and have a strong track record of managing suppliers, identifying, and driving savings?
• Experienced at managing the lifecycle of hardware and software IT assets from initial planning, through procurement, deployment, stock control and retirement?
• Excited to bring new ideas and improvements, develop new skills in a team and collaborate?
If so, then our new IT Commercial Manager role could be perfect for you. Join us and be at the forefront of our transformation, ensuring that we have high-performing, cost-effective digital and IT services and maximise our investments in technology.
Our mission is to create connected and inclusive communities. Digital is how we do business and we’re harnessing innovation and user-centred design to transform the future for our residents and businesses.
Join us at the forefront of innovation and use your skills to make a positive impact.
You’ll help develop a commercial mindset, making sure that our services deliver on value for money and that we have a clear approach to revenue management. You’ll build relationships with our partners and suppliers and work closely with both transformational and operational teams to put residents at the core of commercial decisions.
You will be key to making the most of our valuable budget while ensuring we have the tech we need; leading and developing our approach to contract management and building an efficient IT asset management service.
You’ll be central to developing a cost model for the services we provide to our colleagues and partners. You’ll contribute to the creation of service level agreements and manage our revenue streams and recharging.
Find out more
Read the role profile for further information about the role and what we’re looking for from candidates.
How to apply
Please apply online outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Please ensure you refer to the requirements outlined in the job profile when completing your application.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It’s strongly advised that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Working for Hounslow
In return for your skills, we can offer the chance to be part of an inclusive team, within an incredible borough. We offer flexible working, career development and a whole range of generous benefits, including:
• A competitive salary of £56,100 - £63,633.
• A minimum of 24 days annual leave, which can go up to 30 days, plus public and bank holidays.
• Generous, secure and safe pension in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We predominantly work remotely with some travel to / within Hounslow when needed. Although it is important that you will be able to travel to Hounslow when required, we do not anticipate that you will need to work in Hounslow five days a week, and we offer flexible working arrangements.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.