MPS + 1 SEN Allowance
We have an exciting new position available!
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated Science or Maths teacher who possesses the skills to also teach a variety of subjects. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational Science or Maths teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an inspirational teacher passionate about raising school standards and achievements for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities in Science and Maths.
- Have knowledge and experience of the National Curriculum in Science or Maths (and related STEM subjects) at KS3 & KS4 and is able to teach Science or Maths to GCSE level.
- Be keen to gain the knowledge and skills needed to teach Maths or Science at KS3 & KS4 to GCSE level.
- Be dedicated to raising achievement in Science and Maths, ensuring outstanding progress and outcomes.
- Have a track record of making a difference to pupil progress and outcomes in a variety of subjects and beyond.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND learners.
- Have a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
- Be able to support Woodlane's Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
- Be able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
- Be keen to share best practice with others through INSET/Outreach.
- Be someone who is highly organised.
- Be someone who is highly resilient.
- Need strong health and safety awareness, including experience of
- Be someone who puts safeguarding and child protection at the centre of practice.
Please see personal specification for full details.
The position will include:
- The teaching of Science at KS3 and KS4 level.
- The teaching of Maths at KS3 and KS4 level.
- The teaching of a range of subjects, including those associated with STEM.
- The teaching of a variety of targeted interventions in various subjects.
- The delivery of extra-curricular activity.
- Putting into practice current health and safety measures to ensure pupils are safe in Science e.g. COSHH etc. keeping the necessary records and documents.
- Devising EHCPs and hosting Annual Review meetings.
Please see the job description for full details.
Closing date: Tuesday 30th November 2021 – 09.00am
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 30th November 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 7th December 2021
Position to start April 2022 or sooner if possible