2x 15 hour per week posts available
It’s more than a job at Vivo. Vivo Care Choices Ltd is a Council owned company and we’ll soon be transferring back to the Council as a service delivered in house. Our services will remain exactly the same at locations across Cheshire West including Chester, Ellesmere Port, Winsford and Northwich. We provide high quality, person centred services care to adults with learning disabilities, autism, dementia and the elderly. But for us it’s more than that.
We change and enhance lives every day through the work we in our day and respite services and in peoples own homes. We do this by maximising their social, emotional, and physical independence to the absolute maximum while promoting independence, choice and control.
Our values are important to all of us, we live and breathe them, they are who we are and how we work together in environments where you and our service users can be inspired to reach your and their potential. If you share our values and commitment, then you’re our kind of person.
Where our vacancy is:
We have a number of vacancies in our Day service team. In this team we enjoy supporting groups of people with learning disabilities in our centres in Northwich, Frodsham, and Winsford
We provide fun, meaning full activities based on the needs and likes of the people we support, this includes craft, music, cooking as well as accessing the community for example to go swimming or working in our allotment. No two days are the same and you will go home knowing you have given people a great day.
Some of the people we support have complex needs and need support with eating, personal care (toileting and continence) and can display challenging behaviours. Working in this environment you will develop great relationships and life skills as well as developing professionally.
The job is about supporting people
- With dignity and care to maximise their independence, putting them at the centre of everything you do
- Accessing activities in the centre and community including sensory experiences, baking, craft, swimming, socialising with other people and joining in too
- Preparing food often for specialist diets and feeding
- Personal care (toileting and continence care), giving medications
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records, contribute to and follow care plans
- Ensure they are safeguarded at all times
- And work flexibly as part of a team Monday to Friday
We are looking for someone who
- Shares our values
- Has a commitment to people with learning and other disabilities
- Has the ability to learn and develop skills and a commitment to gaining level 2 QCF/NVQ in Social Care (or who already has it)
- Willing to undertake personal care and able to undertake manual handing tasks
- Able to support people in the community e.g. shopping, swimming, clubs and activities
- Reliable, flexible and a team player
And in return
The benefits of working for Vivo go well beyond making a difference to people’s lives, as well as working within a supportive environment with people who share your values you will have access to a huge range of benefits including discounts on:
- High street and supermarket shopping
- Gym membership
- Days out
- Childcare vouchers
- Car lease and cycle to work schemes
We also offer
- Very competitive pay
- A generous holiday allowance starting at 25 days pro rata (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service to 30 days
- An excellent pension scheme
- A full induction programme and ongoing training and support from your very first day
- QCF level 2 Social Care qualification
- The opportunity to develop your skills and career
- Free DBS checks
- Lifestyle Support - our employee assistance programme, which offers free 24/7 confidential assistance, practical information and emotional support
The Equality Act 2010 makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate against disabled people and places a duty to make reasonable adjustments to enable the employee to undertake the work. People with disabilities are defined as individuals who have a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long term effect on their ability to carry out normal day to day activities. If you consider yourself to be disabled under this definition, please indicate this on your application. Vivo Care Choices is a Disability Confident employer and will interview all applicants who disclose they have a disability if they meet the essential criteria for the job. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please contact recruitment.
Vivo Care Choices Ltd is an Equal Opportunity / Employer and Equal Opportunity Provider. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability and protected status. Vivo Care Choices Ltd is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace.