Help us to deliver the next generation of children’s social workers, by supporting their training and development journey.
Bracknell Forest Council is the lead partner in the Berkshire Step Up to Social Work Regional Partnership. Created in 2010 Step Up is an accelerated route into Social Work approved by Social Work England. It is aimed at high achieving graduates and career changers considering a future career in children’s social work. This is an ongoing programme, with the next cohort starting in January 2022.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
Based within our fast-paced resourcing team, this is an exciting opportunity working for the lead partner in the Berkshire Regional Partnership. You will be responsible for co-ordinating the Step-Up programme and working with a number of key stakeholders including; the Department for Education, universities, students and local authorities to successfully deliver the programme.
Currently we are home-based for the majority of the working week (approx. 80%) although you can also work from our Bracknell town centre offices too.
As our Workforce Development Officer for Step Up, you will be supported to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the council’s ‘Step Up to Social Work’ (SU) programme working with key leads within the People Directorate at BFC any other relevant external bodies and stakeholders.
- Managing the commissioning and delivery of Step Up training activities, operationally managing budgets, risks and resources under the supervision of the Resourcing Manager.
- Build and maintain relationships and contracts with local higher education and placement providers and both internal and external stakeholders, to ensure appropriate allocation of Step Up funding to deliver the required outcomes.
- Monitor and maintain records and reports of the Step Up budget allocations, spend and outcomes as required for the central government returns.
- Manage the day to day Step Up funds ensuring best value, consistency and delivery of outcomes through internal and external providers, contractors and suppliers.
- Co-ordinating the quality and consistency of the training and placement providers ensuring a regular cycle of quality assurance and evaluation takes place.
We are looking for someone who is well organised and efficient with strong inter-personal skills. You will have experience of designing and executing successful learning and development programs and knowledge of different types of learning methods. You will need to be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint and have an awareness of the current trends in Social Care, Social Work Education and Employability Programmes
The benefits you will experience are:
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre, with subsidised parking
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week; either Monday to Friday 4 hours/day or 5 hours/day for 4 days a week (which must include Friday). Based on these part time hours the salary will be: £16,325 to £18,598 per annum.
Interviews will be held during week commencing 6 December.
Closing Date: 28 November 2021
For an information discussion please contact:
Alison Beswick, Resourcing Manager, 01344 351256
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.