What you'll do
We’re looking for an exceptional Void Property Manager who wants to make a difference and thrives in a challenging environment working with us on a 6 month contract basis. This role can be based either from Sittingbourne, Kent or Battle, Sussex.
Reporting directly to the Head of Maintenance, the primary focus of this role is the void management service provided for our properties across Kent and Sussex (Counties) regions. You will be an essential member of the Property Services Team and have the opportunity to provide a comprehensive, efficient, and responsive property service function to all teams. You’ll be expected to deliver sector leading, resident focused and efficient void services developed in association with our residents and assist with the development of the maintenance team, integrating or streamlining services across the organisation to ensure VFM.
Within your role, you’ll provide clear structure and support to contractors and colleagues in managing repairs effectively from issue to completion and final quality assurance. You’ll lead the team in the provision of an efficient, responsive and quality void service to ensure all voids are on time, within budget and to a high standard of workmanship and with accurate.
You’ll undertake performance monitoring, providing clear commentary, explanation and analysis of data with weekly updates and also manage contractors/DLO delivering our void works. And you’ll constantly seek to challenge and improve performance and service delivery with new ways of working, products, and technology.
What you’ll need
- You’ll ideally have at least 5 years’ experience working as a Building Surveyor within a maintenance environment and have in-depth knowledge of the construction, design and construction related defects and how to avoid them.
- You’ll be experienced in managing multiple contractors
- Have experience and understanding of costs; specifically, NHF – National Housing Federation SoRs and ROSs
- Have the ability to produce detailed specifications of work
- Be able to create, implement and monitor effective management tools to improve, maximise and improve performance and develop reporting
- You’ll have a thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant and current, codes of practice, building regulations, health and safety legislation (including CDM), standards to ensure these are delivered and effectively incorporated within all operations
The role will work with a range of residents and colleagues, so a positive approach to collaborative team working is essential. You’ll need to live our one team culture.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 5 December 2021 at midnight. Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams video link and will take place on Tuesday 17 December 2021.
The Company has experienced unprecedented growth over the past few years. We have a vast number of employees, and provide support to clients from all over the country.
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.