Please note this is a fixed term contract for 1 year.
We are looking for a Transport Initiatives Coordinator to provide technical, administrative and operational support to a range of transport initiatives to ensure the smooth running of the activities, including the delivery of walking and cycling initiatives, travel plans and infrastructure improvements in accordance with agreed policies, priorities and resources, including:
- Supporting the implementation of local and national transport initiatives and projects in accordance with policies and guidelines, ensuring the work is carried out to agreed budgets and timescales
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to strengthen the impact and uptake of partnership campaigns
- The planning and delivery of improvements to walking and cycling infrastructure and representation of the council’s interests in the delivery of improvements by other internal and external stakeholders
- Commenting on, monitoring and reviewing School Travel Plans and Workplace Travel Plans secured through the planning process, ensuring sustainable travel actions and targets are delivered to a high standard
You will organise and coordinate meetings including team meetings (where applicable), take and produce minutes of meetings and circulate to ensure agreement.
Provide an innovative and effective approach to all aspects of the work to ensure the most cost effective and environmentally sensitive solutions.
Administer enquiries from the general public and a wide range of agencies ensuring high standards of customer care.
Manage data base, computerised systems, processing of orders and invoices to support cost effective service delivery.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Car Benefit Scheme from Tusker
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- The Government has introduced new ways of supporting parents with childcare costs. Further details are available here: - https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call James Sutton on 01634 331399
Interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.