Brighter Futures for Children
Flexible working or fully remote (AGILE WORKING)
Permanent, Full time 37 hours/week
Closing date: 5th December 2021
Are you passionate about children? Do you have the desire to improve and provide quality services for our children?
If yes, then come join Brighter Futures for Children on our improvement journey.
We currently have a permanent vacancy for Commissioner Manager – Partnerships.
The Commissioner Manager – Partnerships will work with the Head of Commissioning, Contracts and Procurement to champion, promote and deliver transformational change as well as development, implementation and delivery of commissioning programmes, plans and strategies across a wide-ranging portfolio which includes: Health related commissioning; company corporate related commissioning and RBC related commissioning.
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
- To be the strategic lead for partnership commissioning within the company, taking responsibility for this remit internally and with external partners.
- To be responsible for the management of the company’s contracts register containing all relevant information including contracts start and end dates.
- To lead key corporate initiatives, working with Strategic Commissioners, service teams, and with corporate functions to facilitate the changes required
- To lead on the company’s behalf and engage with providers within the portfolio of services in all required aspects including market shaping, service design and performance management
- Ensuring all contractual arrangements with providers are client centred, with specific targets and outcomes, and clear criteria relating to cost, performance, quality, safeguarding and service user engagement
- Educated to degree level or equivalent academic ability in relevant field.
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working within and delivering excellent outcomes within a children services, social care or health setting, ideally within a Commissioning function
- Commercial skills - experience of working in a fast-paced environment with a cost focused service
- Problem solving and analytical skills to interpret statistical and written information and to produce planning documents and determine a range of informed and imaginative solutions.
- Leadership and management skills to lead a team and motivate staff and stakeholders.
What we offer our qualified, permanent social workers:
- We offer a supportive framework to develop your career
- You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
- We have a strong training and developmental pathway
- All team managers are permanent staff and our Consultant Practitioners will coach, mentor and support you.
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- On-site outstanding nursery
- Free parking
- Pool cars
- Flexible working
We offer a range of extras
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
If you think you might enjoy working at Brighter Futures for Children, you share our values, and you have a social work qualification and registration, then we would really like to hear from you.
To apply please send your cv and personal statement, which should include a summary of your skills and experience against those listed in the job description, to Kelly Hallett on Kelly.Hallett@brighterfuturesforchildren.org