Paid weeks per year: 47.15 TA/43.7 MDSA inclusive of holiday entitlement
Actual salary: TA £11,594 - £11,826; MDSA £1,723 - £1,793
Fixed-term: Initially until August 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
St John the Baptist is a one form entry school with approximately 200 pupils on roll. We pride ourselves on our positive and inclusive, approach. We have a vacancy for Teaching Assistants/Individual Needs Assistants Level B. The role also involves lunchtime supervision (see separate job description.)
About the role
We are looking for candidates who have the NVQ 2 Teaching Assistant’s qualification and /or recent experience of working in a primary school. The successful candidate will be fully committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of our school. They will also:
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about supporting children’s learning.
- Have some experience of working with children with special needs
- Have excellent communication skills and a calm and patient approach
- Be keen to work with others as part of a team
- Have excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Be flexible as may be required to undertake Individual Needs Assistant tasks as directed.
We will offer you:
- - Children who are genuinely a pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- - A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- - A strong, committed and collaborative staff team.
- - Opportunities for training and further development.
St John the Baptist Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure check.
Visits to the school are welcome, please telephone 01273 607924 or email email@example.com to make an appointment or to obtain an application pack.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 3rd December
Interview date: Wednesday 8th December
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Whitehawk Hill Road, Brighton, BN2 0AH, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 607924
Please ensure you apply with Catholic Education form, downloaded from below or Catholic Education Website
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.