Lime Trust is looking for a Catering Assistant to join their team at Lime Academy Abbotsmede, on a permanent basis. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primary, in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
This post is based at Lime Academy Abbotsmede, a two form entry primary school in the centre of Peterborough. The age range of the pupils attending the setting is 2 years to 11 years as the school has its own Nursery classroom on site. Lime Academy Abbotsmede is a multicultural setting. Our pupils come from rich cultural and linguistic backgrounds. We are very proud to have such a diverse intake of pupils. We learn so much from each other and it makes the school the vibrant, exciting place that it is. You can find out more about Lime Academy Abbotsmede and watch a short video showcasing our school on our website: http://limeacademyabbotsmede.org/
Vision and values
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and be respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting children first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity-rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate:
The successful candidate will work with the Catering Team and the Senior Leadership Team at the school to ensure pupils receive good nutrition, promote best practice, and contribute to the aims and ethos of the Trust and its schools.
You will be part of a team that supports high quality nutrition by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff at the school. We are looking for a candidate who will share our passion for delivering the best service, and exciting, fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis to pupils and employees. The successful candidate will also have:
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cooking or an equivalent qualification.
- Experience of food preparation in a commercial kitchen environment.
- Experience of working with young people and/or within a school environment.
- The ability to work as part of a flexible team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration, support and development, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Benefits include:
- A welcoming and supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee assistance programme
- CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
- Grade: 3
- Point: 2 - 3
- Hours: 16.25 hours per week (10:30am - 1:45pm, Monday - Friday); term time only plus 1 week (39 working weeks plus annual leave)
- Contract type: Permanent
- Closing date: Friday 3rd December 2021 at 12pm
- Shortlisting: Monday 6th December 2021
- Interviews: w/c Monday 6th December 2021
Visits to our schools are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.