The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated Site Manager who will be responsible for the cleaning, care and security of the buildings and grounds. The person appointed will liaise with the School Business Manager to arrange and oversee the work of external contractors.
This is an appointment to work in partnership with the existing part-time Caretaker. To start January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Candidates who would like an informal chat about the post may contact the school on 0151 423 3322.
The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.disclosure.gov.uk.
The successful candidate will:
- clean designated areas in accordance with approved methods, frequencies and standards.
- assist the Headteacher in monitoring the cleaning standards and all work achieved by outside contractors on site
- ensure that the premises are kept secure and safe. open and closing of the school building and liaising with the local authority security control department to ensure alarm is activated & deactivated & premises are secured.
- undertake handyperson duties as appropriate.
- undertake regular inspections of the premises to determine the need for repair and maintenance work.
- monitor the effectiveness of, and ensure the maintenance of, all heating and service installations.
- ensure that the grounds maintenance works are fully completed.
- keep appropriate files to record this.
- ensure that the school grounds are free from litter.
- be committed to equality and inclusion
- be dedicated to promoting high standards
- have high standards of work and personal pride
- be able to work as part of a very effective team
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- be flexible and professionally optimistic
We can offer you:
a very successful school at the heart of its community
- induction and training commensurate to this role
- a warm, friendly and caring environment
- committed and supportive staff
- positive and supportive relationships with parents and Governors
Applications MUST be returned electronically via Halton Jobs portal.
Applicants should note that the successful candidate will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure.