Kerbside Loader Operative
Post No: 7080
Salary: Starting from £18,933 to £19,698 per annum
Grade: Grade 2
Hours: 37 hours per week
Place of work: Commerce Way, Lancing
Closing date: 5th December 2021, 23:55pm
Do you like to be outside in the fresh air all day?
Are you into staying fit and healthy?
Do you love an early finish every day?
We are currently recruiting for a physically fit, Kerbside Loader Operative to join our friendly refuse team to work in Adur and Worthing, collecting refuse from households and local businesses.
The postholder will be responsible for loading within a team of 3 Refuse Operatives whilst ensuring that a quality kerbside service is provided at all times.
Ideally, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience of working in waste management, and to demonstrate the following:
○ Physically fit able to walk up to 12 miles a day
○ A knowledge of the local area
○ A knowledge of local authority refuse and recycling operations
○ Hold a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in waste management operations
○ Have an understanding of Performance, Risk and Reputation Management
○ Working knowledge of the relevant sections of the H&SWA 1974
What's it like to work as part of a team of Refuse Operatives?
What do our staff say about working here?
“The best aspect of the job is the hours. We start early and finish early”
“We like to look out for the residents”
What do we offer in return?
Staff are our most important asset and we therefore have a benefit package which reflects our continuing commitment to our employees.
- Generous leave entitlement; Minimum 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Training & development
- Family friendly policies
- Occupational Health
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Eyesight tests
- Staff discounts and offers
- Leisure centre membership discounts and offers
- Worthing Theatres discounts and offers
- Staff Social Club
In order to apply for this vacancy please email your CV to Mark Quartly email@example.com
For more information, contact Robert Dooley on 01273 263395