Your enthusiasm will drive us forward, and keep the Borough’s highways moving too.
Each day brings new challenges as we react to the demands of managing our highway network and planning for the future. Get the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work, and the difference that this makes to the travelling public and residents of the Borough. This job is about doing varied and vital work that keeps our engineering teams working at their best. Everything is about making progress, because that’s what we do.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest...
What it’s like working in our team…
The Highways and Transport division is responsible for highway maintenance, traffic lights, street lighting, highway drainage, road improvements, road safety, sustainable travel, street works management and planning our future transport needs.
The admin team is small but busy, as we support 5 teams in different ways. You would be the fifth member of our team working in this rewarding environment. You will be involved in varied and challenging work daily. We’re a supportive team and we work closely together to achieve the right result, sharing the tasks to deliver a great service.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Providing administrative and technical support to the Highways and Transport Division.
- Interrogating and correctly inputting information into various computer applications. These include Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and other in-house applications specifically Confirm, and Unifor
- Assessing and re-directing as necessary any telephone calls and emails and to provide follow up assistance as required.
- Assisting in the provision of technical advice including checking application forms and documentation. Liaising with officers and ensuring appropriate fees are paid.
- Providing basic finance support which will include: raising purchase orders and invoices using the Council’s finance system (Agresso), following up unpaid invoices;
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Working in a small supportive team
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership
What we’re looking for…
You must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and organised individual who is keen to use your varied skills, as well as learning new ones, you will have some experience in similar roles to accompany your generally good standard of education.
You will be a practical person, with good IT skills, who enjoys being part of a busy team.
Interview date – Thursday 6th January 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Claire Looker
Job Title: Administration Manager
Phone Number: 01344 351113
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.