Leading the way in resident managed housing Watmos' unique approach has put it at the forefront of transforming communities and exceeding expectations. We are seeking an outstanding and dedicated individual who shares our passion for improving people's lives.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Building Safety Manager to join our Asset Management Team. As a Building Safety Manager you will be working closely with the Executive Director of Asset Management & Regeneration and the Head of Compliance in developing Watmos’ building safety framework. The role is of strategic importance and has been created as part of Watmos’ response to the proposals put forward in the Building Safety Bill. You will not only be involved in helping us shape Watmos’ safety framework, but also in developing the role which will evolve as the Bill makes its way through the legislative process.
If you are building safety professional who is looking for an exciting new challenge, we would like to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have experience in managing building risk (including pre-new regime) and knowledge of building construction, Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, outcomes of the Hackitt enquiry and an understanding of emerging building safety legislation.
The successful candidate will also possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, prioritisation, organisational, report writing, negotiation, analytical, commercial, problem solving and I.T skills.
- Support the ‘Responsible Person’ in providing assurance that all fire safety regulatory and legislative responsibilities for Watmos’ residential and corporate asset base are compliant.
- Produce and maintain building safety cases for relevant buildings.
- Lead in the management of building safety in accordance with the ‘Safety Case’, looking after the day to day management of fire and structural safety in high rise and significant buildings.
- Be an established clear point of contact for residents for fire and safety related issues.
- Facilitate the discharge of statutory duties in relation to Building Safety.
- Ensure clear and fit for purpose processes are in place with established roles and responsibilities in relation to maintaining records, managing assets and building safety.
- Support and enable residents – ensuring residents are able to understand what to expect from their Building Safety Manager.
For further information please see our recruitment information pack.
Closing Date: Sunday 5th December 2021 (23:59)