About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a full time (37.5 hours) Support Worker at Kent House in St Albans. Kent House provides supported housing for up to 20 vulnerable homeless people requiring a high level of housing related support.
We aim to provide accommodation and support to improve the quality of the resident`s lives and develop skills towards independent living in the future. Residents are issued with a licence agreement. This sets out their rights and responsibilities as a resident.
We are looking for a caring and enthusiastic person who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to:
- Provide appropriate support to residents with their day to day needs, within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider
- Write support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence
If you have previously worked in a care setting or health and social care field and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people then this role could be perfect for you!
We are looking for passionate people who are driven by the desire to make a difference and create a person-centred environment and people who are driven by the desire to make a difference with the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity
- Take a positive approach to supporting people
It is essential that you are able to work to a rota and have a driving license and access to a vehicle for work.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
£22,095 pa for a 37.5hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
How to Apply
To apply for this position please apply below.
Closing date: Monday 6th December 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 14th December 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
During the pandemic we are following Government guidance regarding reducing transmission rates.
This means we are taking every precaution to keep you and everyone involved safe during the recruitment process. It also means that if legislative or other requirements change in the future, we may need to make vaccination mandatory for staff joining us. These matters can be discussed at interview.