Squirrels Heath Juniors School
Salisbury Road, Romford, RM2 5TP
Head Teacher; Mrs Mary Shipton
Scale: Grade 1/2 Point 1-5
Hours: 28.75 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Salary: £20,658 - £22,185 (£13,795 - £14,813 pro rata)
Contract: Temporary post until July 2022
Start: 5th January 2022
The children, staff and governors of Squirrels Heath Junior School are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who has experience working with a range of special educational needs. The role is predominantly working as a 1:1 Teaching Assistant but some group work may be required.
Any experience using visual timetables, workstations and managing children with emotional regulation difficulties which can present as challenging behaviour, is an advantage.
Whilst you will be expected to work under the direction of the class teacher you will also have the ability to use your own initiative to organise tasks and activities; creating simple resources to support the pupil’s work as appropriate. You will work closely with the class teacher and the School’s SENCO as well as working in partnership with external contacts and parents to support learning and development.
We can offer:
- A friendly working environment
- Dedicated and caring staff who help and support each other
- An excellent leadership team to support and guide you
- Happy, confident, well behaved children who enjoy being at school
- A committed governing body and supportive parents
The successful applicant will:
- Have a GCSE in Maths and English (A-C Grades) and hold an NVQ Level 2 qualification or working towards
- Have experience in supporting pupils at all levels and ability
- Be involved with classroom support, being able to show effective provision to our children
- Be able to be an effective coordinator
- Have high expectations of all pupils
- Be a committed and flexible team player who will be able to work well with others and share ideas
- Be an ambitious person who is keen to develop their own expertise and who has the desire to achieve
- Have a good sense of humour
We are a three form entry Junior school located in the London Borough of Havering and within easy reach of the capital. We share our site with the Infant school in a building open since 1911. Our school is a warm, friendly and caring environment where each child is valued and feels part of the school community. Our staff work hard to promote the social, moral, cultural and physical development of all children so that by the end of Year 6, they are confident, motivated and successful learners who are respectful and considerate to the needs of others.
In December 2018 Ofsted rated the school ‘Good’ in all areas and said, 'Teachers and pupils have positive relationships. As a result, pupils are keen to learn and strive to be successful'. ‘Pupils spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is a strength of the school'
If you require any further information please call Tracey Drewett, Office Manager on 01708 446472.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: 9th December 2021 - 12pm
Interview Date: Week Beginning 13th December 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.