Marshalls Park Academy
part of South West Essex Community Education Trust
Pettits Lane, Romford, Essex, RM1 4EH
Tel: 01708 724134
Assistant Site Keeper with Lettings Management responsibilities
Pay Range: Scale 4 (£11,938 up to £20,946 with additional hours as detailed below)
Position Start: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Part-time. 20 hours per week (Monday - Thursday 4pm – 9pm) plus an 8 hour shift one Saturday per month, 39 weeks per year. Additional afternoon and school holiday hours negotiable at interview up to 36 hours per week.
Contract Term: Permanent
Marshalls Park is an expanding Ofsted ‘Good’ secondary school and we are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable Assistant Site Keeper with Lettings Management responsibilities to join our busy Site Services Team who are responsible for the general premises, grounds keeping and caretaking duties. We are looking for someone that has initiative, self-motivation and can operate both independently and as part of a team. Experience of working within a schools site team is not essential but would be beneficial to an application. This role is 20 hours per week with the requirement to work one 8 hour shift one Saturday per month.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in any combination of electrical, plumbing, gardening, carpentry and decoration skills.
- Have caretaking, lettings, facilities management experience, ideally in a school setting or a relatable trade.
- Be hard-working, resilient and able to respond positively to competing demands
- Be an adaptable and confident team player
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Headteacher;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A health and wellbeing package;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please Email email@example.com
Application Close: 12pm Monday 6th December 2021
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.