Salary: WA Scale 6, SCP16 - 18 (£24,012 - £24,984) Pro Rata + £4,000 per annum allowance for the leadership element
Hours: 8:00am - 4:20pm, Monday to Friday, term time only
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 20 December 2021
“Education is Success”
An opportunity to work in the only non-private Academy in London that offers both International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes at KS5
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. The Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive mission and ethos. Our longstanding 1:1 device programme allows WA to thrive as both an onsite and remote learning environment. As a member of the collaborative WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of colleagues who are committed to continued professional growth and improvement of the student experience.
The SEND team is made up of learning support assistants, KS3 SENCo, KS4/5 SENCo, Speech and Language Therapist and the Assistant Vice Principal Inclusion. We have a very important and rewarding job within the overall Academy. We are a reflective team that meet weekly to discuss a range of strategies to further support students with SEND and individual learner needs of every student, whilst sharing best practices experiences to enrich the learning.
The ideal candidate for this post:
- This is an important role, supporting the class teacher, leading a team of staff in the support and development of the daytime educational environment for students.
- This involves working closely with class teachers to plan and support the students’ learning, including social skills, life and independent skills and personal development.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- A commitment to staff well-being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits
- A supportive Senior Leadership Team
How to apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application form and confidential declaration to: firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.