Neighbourhood Support Officer (part time – 2 days)
Permanent, Part time (Thursday & Friday - 14.8 hours per week)
The Environmental & Commercial Services includes the following teams:
Waste Operations, Cleansing, Parks, Highways and Commercial Services.
This can be fast paced environment, where adaptability, flexibility, efficiency and a willingness to go the extra mile are all key requirements.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
- The role will suit someone who is an expert multi-tasker
- Be able to prioritise effectively
- Good time management skills as work is often to deadlines
- A team player who can adapt easily to changing needs and priorities.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
(Staff Value Statement – delete as applicable)
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
We are looking for someone with the experience and skills to join our team as a Neighbourhood Support Officer as part of a Job Share role.
You will need to be confident, possess good communication skills (verbal and written), and have a ‘can do’ attitude. Whilst you will work alongside the Service Teams, you will need to be a fast learner who is comfortable working independently, using your initiative and taking responsibility for seeing tasks through to completion.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 5th December 2021
Interview Date: Tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.