Lime Trust is looking for a Cook Supervisor to join their team. The Trust consists of 8 schools, 4 special and 4 primary, in Cambridgeshire and North and East London.
This post is based at Lime Academy Ravensbourne, a special school in the London Borough of Havering for children with complex needs including learning difficulties, physical impairment and sensory impairment aged from 2-19.
Vision and values
The Trust’s vision is to provide high quality education for pupils through school-to-school collaboration and Trust direction, high challenge and high support. All schools in the Trust strive to improve life chances for all and be respected in their local communities.
The Lime Way:
- Always working to be brilliant
- Putting learners first
- Setting the standard
- Building capacity-rich schools
The Values we embed in our schools are:
- Communication (a voice for all)
The successful candidate
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to manage the provision of a high-quality food service and to create a pleasant meal experience which is value for money that meets the Lime Trust standard for all pupils, staff and visitors.
The successful candiate will be expected to fulfil the role of lead professional within the kitchen and dining areas, maintaining a high standard in all aspects of professional behaviour and to organise the work and hours of the kitchen staff ensuring sufficient staffing for the working day.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- That they have led and managed a small team
- Experience of planning menus, staff rotas and stock monitoring
- A secure understanding of how to prepare food in line with specific feeding plans and to cater for all dietary needs and requirements
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of food standards regulations, including allergen management
- A good understanding of Health & Safety, COSHH and food hygiene regulations/legislation
The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration, support and development, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike. Benefits include:
- A welcoming and supportive team
- Hardworking, motivated, supportive colleagues and leadership teams
- Employee Assistance Programme
- CPD opportunities, including support with external courses for career development
- Enhanced maternity leave benefits
- National pay rates
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing date: 6 January 2022
Shortlisting: 7 January 2022
Interviews: w/c 13 January 2022
Visits to our schools are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check). References will be taken up before appointment.