The Trust is investing in an exciting new residential provision in Tile Cross Birmingham, a three bedded home for children with emotional and behavioural difficulties. The home will provide a up to three placements in an emergency for children 8 to 17years.
Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. We are the largest provider of family support and social care services for children, young people and families in the country. Our goal is to become a center of excellence in both social care and family support.
As part of Birmingham Childrens Trust the residential service benefit from then partnerships across the trust and work with Social Care Services, Education and Health to provide wholistic services and the best package of care to children.
The provision will be Ofsted registered and operate within the legal framework of The Childrens Homes Regulations and The Quality Standards 2015. The roles are subject to satisfactory DBS check, references and a 6 month probationary period.
We are looking for a self-motivated Business Support Assistant providing essential support to our Home Managers and practice staff members.
You will play an important role in the effective day to day running of the service we are looking for people who are well organised; have good attention to detail and who can work to and meet tight deadlines; you must be able to work effectively within a children’s home environment, be customer and child focused and be able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
- A good friendly attitude for front of home reception duties and answering calls from the public, parents and partners.
- An ability to engage with children and young people who have disabilities
- An ability to support meetings, including the provision of note taking and recording of actions, as requested by the business
- Attention to detail with an ability to work accurately e.g. literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to all tasks to ensure business objectives are met
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team environment, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision, and the ability to multi-task to cover other roles within the team
- Experience of dealing with a number of conflicting and changing priorities effectively to achieve business objectives
For informal enquiries contact Mel Page on 07833059413