Grade 7 £35751-£39867 pa
‘HES’ – Havering Education Services is the London Borough of Havering’s commercial brand of support services to education establishments. Our brand is a federation of distinct and integrated service units spread across the Council’s directorates. Our portfolio of services includes but is not limited to the following:
- Catering Services
- School improvement and curriculum
- Finance and Management Information Systems support and consultancy
- HR and Payroll Services
- Pupil and Staff Wellbeing Services
- Brokering and procurement of externally sourced services
HES Catering is a key business unit within our traded services portfolio, providing daily school meals in 60 Primary & Secondary schools in the borough. Besides operating commercially to generate income, the Service plays a pivotal role in supporting key outcomes relating to health and wellbeing for children and young people in the borough.
‘HES’ is one of the most dynamic local authority education trading entity in the UK and is undergoing significant transformational change to further expand its customer base, grow revenue streams and enhance customer focus, service and delivery. Our vision is to become the provider of choice for services and training in London and South East England and to achieve strong financial outcomes.
- Havering is London's most easterly Borough, Havering is rich in heritage, with the highest proportion of older people in London as well as a fast-growing younger population.
- Romford is a major sub-regional centre with a large retail and nightlife economy. It is one of the oldest market towns in South East England. Other significant centres in Havering include Hornchurch, Upminster and Rainham.
- As well as many towns and villages Havering has a wealth of open space, from the riverside marshes and wildlife habitats in Rainham, to over a hundred parks and open spaces.
- Havering is well connected into the Capital by rail and by the District Line and abuts the M25. From 2018, Havering will be served by 3 Crossrail stations at Romford, Gidea Park and Harold Wood.
- Transport links, vibrant shopping centres, open green spaces and good schools makes us a very attractive place to live, with a growing population.
About the Job
As part of our renewed commercial strategy for the Catering Service, we are entering an exciting period of expansion and require the skills of a commercially focused, experienced and creative Area Catering Manager to manage 18 primary school contracts which employees approximately 70 colleagues.
This role is a great platform for a specialist to join a new management team tasked with growing the business and optimising customer satisfaction across our customer base.
The ideal candidate will come from a catering background preferably within the education sector, it is essential they have multi-contract catering experience so we will consider applicants from other sectors with contract catering. The candidate must be able to perform in a fully autonomous role and be able to thrive in a role that requires high levels of self-management.
You will excel at exceeding targets and have excellent financial and people management skills whilst ensuring compliance with all legislation relating to the catering industry..
You should be able to lead and motivate a large team to deliver results and improve practice. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to establish strong rapport with colleagues and clients is a key prerequisite for this position.
You will be passionate about food as well as experienced in delivering a high quality catering service to our schools
Along with a relevant degree or equivalent qualification, including Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate at least Level Three Food Safety
Experience and understanding of the education services sector, Food for Life and the School Food Standards will be advantageous for the successful candidate.
Candidate must have a full clean driving licence as this role will involve regular site visits.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Dennis McKenzie, Catering Services Manager via email to arrange a time on email@example.com
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 10th December 2021. Please ensure you including your supporting statement to your submission otherwise we cannot accept the application.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place on Thursday 16th December 2021.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770.