27.83 Hours per week
Wirral is home to vibrant, energetic and engaged communities, people who take real ownership of their local area and are passionate about making Wirral a better place. The council and its partners have pledged to #BeTheDifference.
We’ve got ambitious targets to meet by 2025. To achieve everything we have promised to our residents, we need people who are driven and ready to deliver the very best for our communities - #BeTheDifference.
JOB ROLE PURPOSE
In line with standard operating procedures organise, supervise and lead a range of activities and set ups for the general public including cleaning, maintaining and dismantling/assembling of equipment. Responsible for the overseeing and general safety and behaviour of the public including directing the activities of users to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities.
- Provide lifeguard duties across designated swimming pools.
- Regularly patrol the gym area on rota and ensure all areas of the leisure facility and machines are clean and in good working order.
- Conduct swimming pool water tests and record and report.
- To ensure all persons using the fitness suite are in possession of a valid receipt.
- Ensure all areas are fit for purpose and report all defects to Line Manager.
- To undertake general cleaning and labouring duties as required.
- Regularly patrol outside facilities, collect tickets and supervise outside changing facilities including the issue of keys for changing areas.
- Assist in general preparation for outside events and activities.
- An understanding of and an ability to deliver excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
No supervision of staff.
Respond to emergencies including those requiring first aid
Respond to customer enquiries and if unable to assist escalate to appropriate member of staff.
Provide and promote a customer focused service.
Provide advice and guidance to customers in relation to the Leisure Centre and its use.
Develop constructive working relationships with colleagues and customers.
Assist in the provision and promotion of customer focussed services in conjunction with other Council service providers.
Ensure that Leisure Centre users have an up-to-date ticket to use the facilities.
Interviews are planned for week beginning Monday 13th December 2021
This post is subject to Enhanced Child & Adult Level DBS check.
Should you wish to discuss informally, please contact Mike Henderson on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to #BeTheDifference?
Click below and tell us why.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council's Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.