Senior Regeneration Officer
(2 x Housing and 1 x Economic Growth)
Full-time, 37 hours per week
NS12 £34,728 - £36,922 per annum (pay award pending)
Newark and Sherwood District Council is situated in the historic market town of Newark, in the heart of Nottinghamshire. We’re proud of our vast district and our national attractions including The National Civil War Centre, the Castle, Southwell Minster and Sherwood Forest. We’re easily accessible by both road and rail and we boast some of the nicest parks and green spaces in England. We’re an ambitious, forward thinking Council with strong values and a culture of doing our absolute best to serve our residents.
We are now recruiting three permanent Senior Regeneration Officers who will have a leading role in supporting the regeneration ambitions of the Council in creating places where residents, tenants, visitors, and businesses are able to flourish, live well and fulfil their potential.
In these posts successful candidates will:
- Take a leading role in formulation, engagement, delivery, and monitoring of programs, projects and initiatives across the District
- Be able to make a tangible difference to the lives of people in Newark and Sherwood
- Be responsible for a wide range of projects and have input at all stages
- Undertake evidence based regeneration studies, using this information to inform strategy and plans and managing the projects that result from this work.
- Be involved in consultation with residents, businesses and other relevant stakeholders such as Councillors and a range of partners
- Work on bids to access funding and investment.
- A relevant degree in a discipline such as Housing, Planning, Property or Regeneration Studies, or with demonstrable experience
- An organised approach, with the ability to prioritise work effectively in a busy and demanding environment.
- Excellent communications skills, being able to use tact and diplomacy to negotiate relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Extensive experience working in a development, regeneration, housing or planning environment.
- A project management qualification
- Demonstrable success in monitoring projects from conception to completion including
- securing funding
- commissioning and procurement experience
- contract management
- preparing business cases and reporting on progress
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Enrolment in to a local government pension scheme
- Flexible hours and agile working
- A generous annual leave entitlement that increases with service
- Discounted gym membership. In addition to this,
- The opportunity to join a professional and experienced team who are passionate about supporting the Council to deliver the objectives outlined in our Community Plan.
It is important to us that we recruit the right people to our roles and we want to hear about your experience and what you feel you can bring to the role. If you would like to be considered for the roles in both Housing and Economic Growth, or just the one, please let us know in your application.
For more information regarding the Economic Growth Regeneration role please contact Neil Cuttell, Business Manager Economic Growth, on 07812 506982 or Cara Clarkson, Regeneration & Growth Lead on 01636 655923
For more information regarding the Housing Regeneration role please contact Cara Clarkson. Regeneration Project Delivery Manager on 01636 655923.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter, outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the personal specification and job description to: email@example.com
Veterans/family of forces/ex-forces, those in care/care leavers, and candidates who declare a disability (as defined under the Equality Act 2010) will be guaranteed an interview provided they have demonstrated that they meet the essential criteria of the post as detailed in the Person Specification on their application form.
Closing Date: 12.00am Wednesday 15th December
Occupational Testing: You will be provided with a link to undertake this should you be shortlisted
Interview: Weeks Commencing 3rd and 10th January 2022