Can you offer a smile and a cheery attitude to our customers as you help make them a hot meal? Would you like to spend time with a group of dedicated and inspiring people? Can you work a few hours a week supporting older people in the community? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we may have a role for you?
Working with an energetic and dedicated team at any of our seven Centres for the Community, you will be helping to provide meals to our customers and supporting our Meals on Wheels service. However, there is more to your role than ensuring high standards of hygiene and service are provided; you will be one of the people bringing a smile, a laugh and even comfort to our older and more vulnerable customers.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to our community and we are proud of the support we deliver to our older residents through the Community Support Services team. We have continued to work during the pandemic, making the difference for our residents. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
You can be part of this!
At the heart of this service are our seven Centres for the Community in Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Weybridge, Thames Ditton, Cobham, Molesey and Claygate. Each of these centres has its own personality; its own community but they are connected by a determination to provide high quality services to older and vulnerable people in our community.
About the role
- The job will be truly varied and as you might expect from the job title you will be involved with numerous kitchen and catering tasks such as, kitchen cleaning, dish washing, food preparation as well assisting in serving lunches.
- You will be in a great position to share ideas at the Centre and to help ensure that our Centre provide the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education, be equally happy working in a team as on your own and you will understand the value the importance of customer service.
If you would like to know more, please call Hugh on 01372 474558 to find out more.
Closing date Friday, 17 December 2021.