About the role:
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to join our Strategy, Performance and Events Team, created to meet the needs of a changing and ambitious Council. Joining us now means you can help shape the way we plan, organise, book, hire and deliver events internally as a team and with our services, and externally with residents, partners, and stakeholders. This is an exciting part time (30 hours) post for 12 months.
You will be highly motivated, professional in your customer service skills, extremely well organised and have a confident can-do approach. Your excellent communication and people skills will mean you have an exceptional ability to work with stakeholders both internally and externally. You will be adaptable and confident to develop a new events framework and drive forward the changes required to meet the needs of our customers and stakeholders. You will thrive from being part of a high profile and visible team.
You will provide leadership to other team members in reviewing, developing and implementing the new corporate events function to deliver the strategic case for events:
- develop a corporate events framework
- develop relevant events policy and strategy
- address inefficiencies in booking processes
- create a corporate events toolkit
- identify an appropriate training programme to meet the needs of those delivering events
This will include developing an understanding of internal procedures, applications, external booking processes and customer needs.
You will also be responsible for coordinating and project managing the delivery of corporate events with support from other team members.
You will work as part of the wider team delivering our strategic priorities through service planning, strategy development, strategic partnerships, grants, performance monitoring and project and programme governance.
You will be expected to perform at level 3 accountability in the attached role profile.
Own the corporate approach to Council events, leading on the coordination of high profile events, working with the Service Delivery Directorate to deliver. Ensure all Council events deliver strategic priorities and customer and stakeholder benefits, standardised policies and procedures, risk management, marketing and PR, and evaluation.
Ensure effective strategy, policy, performance monitoring, projects and programme governance, grants and events frameworks that underpin the Corporate Plan are developed, communicated, and delivered.
Skills and experience
- highly developed organisational skills
- excellent stakeholder, partnership, and relationship management
- experience of successfully planning, coordinating and delivering events
- ability to lead effective project groups
- working knowledge of delivering safe events
- ability to present and communicate information to different audiences
- good IT skills with the ability to adapt to new systems and processes
- good customer service skills
- ability to prepare and write agendas, minutes and reports
The benefits include:
- flexible working options including home working
- relocation assistance where eligible
- pension scheme and childcare voucher schemes
- a supportive Employee Assistance Programme
A driving licence valid to drive in the UK and use of own transport during working hours to attend meetings is required.
A basic DBS check wil be required for the successful candidate prior to appointment.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Jo James, Senior Policy Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org 01483 444703