We have outstanding opportunities for Early Career Teachers in great schools with excellent professional development and support for your first years and beyond…. because we’re Bracknell Forest
Bracknell Forest is a small, innovative local authority that offers early career teachers exceptional career choices in academies and maintained schools. You will follow a managed led induction programme, supported by your personal mentor, to encourage you to reach your full potential throughout your career.
We look for individuals who have the ability and imagination to inspire and challenge the children they teach to energise them to achieve their potential.
We recognise that to invest in you is essential to the young learners you teach.
Bracknell Forest’s well-resourced schools provide the setting for you to flourish and develop, and can offer:
- training developed in line with changing requirements and feedback from previous ECTs to form structured, professional but fun sessions enabling interaction and the ability to network with other ECTs.
- a two-year structured package of high-quality professional development, during your induction year and beyond. In your first year you will receive a programme of mentor support and 10% non-contact time to consolidate your learning and enhance your teaching. In your second year you will continue to benefit from the provision of a dedicated mentor and receive 5% non-contact time away from the classroom.
- ongoing support into subsequent years, including courses for those who aspire to and are recognised in their own school as potential leaders.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues from other schools in Bracknell Forest both virtually and in person.
Unlike with some agency placements, as an employee of a Bracknell Forest school you receive pay in line with Teacher’s National Pay Conditions, this includes:
- Outer Fringe Pay Allowance
- Pay throughout school holidays
- Sick pay/maternity pay
- Pension scheme
- Option for July start for ECTs
- Flexible staff benefits scheme including childcare vouchers
Bracknell Forest runs an online pool system for primary applicants. One application will enable you to be considered for all vacancies in Bracknell Forest. – That’s 25 primary schools with just one application.
To be included in the second round for the pool your application needs to be submitted no later than 20 February 2022 with interviews later on in the month. Jobs for Early Career Teachers are advertised from January onwards so please register with us early for the widest choice of jobs.
Shortly after the closing date and a shortlisting process you will be invited for an initial interview carried out on Microsoft Teams. This general interview will allow you to expand on your application by demonstrating your strengths and knowledge and enable us to identify suitable posts for you. Once successful in this interview, your application will be circulated to all Bracknell Forest primary schools in who have suitable vacancies for you to consider.
Individual schools interested in your application and with vacancies to match your skill set and preferences, will then contact you directly and invite you for a school visit and a second interview. You will get to choose which school you work in.
The majority of our schools choose to use our Pool Systems to fill autumn term vacancies suitable for ECTs – easier for the schools and easier for you.
Bracknell Forest Council
School Resourcing Team
Time Square, Market Street, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1JD
Tel: 01344 354005