School leaders and Governors are seeking to appoint an Academic Mentor to work 32.5 hours a week.
This is a temporary role, until July 2022.
Your required qualifications:
- Have a university degree in any subject (2.2) or above
- Or have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Must have Level 4 (Grade C) or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
As an Academic Mentor you will be a critical member of the team, working alongside the pupil’s teacher to provide 15-hour blocks of tuition for those who need it most. Your focus will be developing Maths and Literacy skills.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work closely with class teachers to devise a plan for bespoke interventions to suit the needs of the children.
- Help identify learning gaps and help create bespoke intervention programmes for pupils
- Alongside the class teacher, develop and deliver engaging sessions to support a range of learning styles with clear learning objectives, considering any barriers to learning or additional needs
Experience of working in a school setting is essential, along with excellent communication skills, a good sense of humour and a conscientious attitude.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged prior to application. We are offering a school walk around on Monday 17th January at 3.30pm. Please call the office 01244 470380 or email@example.com to arrange.
Closing date for applications: 21st January 2022
All shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide contact details of 2 references and the successful candidate will be offered the position subject to satisfactory reference checks.
Lache Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. References will be sought prior to interview, and an enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
£19,000 pro rata