Guildford Borough is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, retail and culture. Guildford is a thriving market town that has maintained much of its historic character and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night-time economy. The town’s location provides excellent transport links as well as providing the balance of being surrounded by beautiful countryside, including the Surrey Hills, an Area of Outstanding Beauty. All of these factors contribute to a quality of life that makes it one of the best places to live in the UK.
We would like to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Officer with experience in the enforcement of Environmental Control / Protection to join a multi-skilled, Compliance Team. The team regulates a diverse range of disciplines including: environmental control, public health, food safety, health & safety, licensing, planning, private sector housing and environmental crime. Your role will be to deliver regulatory services in relation to environmental control.
What’s in it for you?
We are a diverse organisation, delivering a wide range of services and employing people with a broad range of skills. We want to attract the best staff, so we offer excellent benefits, including: a competitive salary; flexible working arrangements; an essential car user allowance; private medical insurance and free staff parking. We also provide health and wellbeing initiatives, an employee assistance programme and staff discounts off a range of well-known high street shops and supermarkets.
On a typical day, you would:
- Investigate allegations of Statutory Nuisance;
- Respond to public health issues, such as: filthy and verminous premises and public health burials
- Respond to Planning and Licensing Consultations
- Contribute to the delivery of Local Air Quality Management and Contaminated Land strategy.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people;
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of applying Environmental Health law;
- Excellent ability to reason, process information, be curious, ask questions and analyse potential outcomes to make timely and effective decisions;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a high performing team;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Tenacity and a problem-solving mindset;
- The ability to adapt to change and use initiative; and
- The ability to devise, learn and adapt to new systems and processes.
Compliance Officer Level 2: Educated to A’ level standard/NVQ 3 and/or experience in working in specialist area. Degree in a relevant subject (desirable). CIEH accredited (desirable).
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Dympna Sanders, Compliance Lead on Tel. 07920 711831 or by Email: email@example.com.
A basic DBS check will be required for the successful applicant prior to appointment.