Would you like a job where what you do:
- Helps shape the future of a major regional economy.
- Generates new jobs and new opportunities.
- Touches the lives of thousands of people.
We are seeking an Inward Investment Officer to drive business growth and investment across Breckland.
- Work directly with businesses to help unlock their growth potential.
- Proactively develop investment opportunities and draw new business into the region.
A bit about us:
At Breckland Council we have embraced the Government's agenda to modernise local government. Our approach is to lead change rather than follow it, and to add the best value we can to our communities, places and businesses. We achieve this by developing our employees to their full potential, providing them with the relevant knowledge, equipment, and authority to carry out their duties.
The Economy & Growth Teams are a close-knit family of services at the heart of the council's priority Thriving Places agenda. We are responsible for all the elements of supporting businesses and growth across the district, from housing to strategic planning, business support to inward investment. A new and growing function, we have massive ambitions for the future, and a significant amount to do. Delivery focused, we are committed to doing all we can to help support the positive, sustainable, and inclusive growth of the district at pace and with quality. Brave, bold, and innovative, we are not afraid to try new things locally and want to be a service known nationally for doing amazing things.
We offer excellent conditions of service, including:
- A local government pension scheme (14 per cent employer contribution).
- 25 days annual leave (increasing with service) plus bank holidays.
- Free car parking.
- Agile working arrangements.
- A newly refurbished office.
We are committed to career advancement and talent development. We support on the job learning, upskilling, and training to keep knowledge and skills up to date. As an organisation, we want everyone to contribute to our organisational goals and plans. We do this through collaboration, trust and empowerment between colleagues.
Passionate about business, you'll have a strong understanding of what makes a business work and what drives investment decisions. A confident communicator, you'll be comfortable presenting ideas and opportunities to a wide range of audiences. A natural networker and a connector, you'll be able to develop a live understanding of local opportunity and support. You will help connect that into the right business at the right time. Tenacious and innovative, you'll be excited by the opportunity to develop new solutions and strategies to enabling business growth.
OK, I'm interested...but is it really the job for me?
As our Inward Investment Officer, you will:
- Deliver and manage targeted investment support across Breckland for both indigenous businesses, and potential mobile / incoming businesses.
- Manage, maintain and oversee the council's investment pipeline, effectively tracking investment opportunities and managing their progression.
- Work with the Business Development Manager and Strategic Growth Manager to develop the council's investment attraction proposition, and key campaigns.
- Proactively deliver investment campaigns and activity to actively target mobile investment opportunities into the District.