Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a Waking Night Project Worker (27 hours per week) to join our supported living service at Pennyfields in Sandhurst, Berkshire where we provide residential care for individuals with learning disabilities. We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Waking Night Project Worker is to your role will be to ensure the safety and well-being of each client, responding appropriately to support needs, illness and/or emergencies. As part of the role you will also be responsible for providing personal care, health and safety tasks and carrying out domestic chores such as cleaning, laundry and ironing.
Ideally you should have sector experience however, we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £15,501 per annum for a 27 hour week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
During the pandemic we are following Government guidance regarding reducing transmission rates.
This means we are taking every precaution to keep you and everyone involved safe during the recruitment process. It also means that if legislative or other requirements change in the future, we may need to make vaccination mandatory for staff joining us. These matters can be discussed at interview.