Team: Ferndale Residential Care Home
Job Family: CBG2 - Providing
Salary: £18,333 - £18,516 per annum pro rata or £9.25 - £9.44 per hour
Hours: Relief Post hours per week - this may include weekends and bank holidays, which are subject to enhancements
Location:: Ferndale Residential Care Home, Filtwick
Contract: Fixed - Permanent
Closing Date: Rolling advert to 30th September - applications will be reviewed on a regular basis
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results. Except for us, it’s all about our 289,000 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
This is a great time to join us on our journey.
More about the role:
We want every resident in our care homes to get the highest standard of care and comfort. By giving older people a good quality of life, we’re making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live for all. House Keeper & Laundry Assistant, you’ll be working directly with our residents in Flitwick. You’ll find your greatness as you make sure vulnerable people are safe, well and happy.
This is an important role – and you’ll receive our full support including a full training programme and induction. You’ll help with cleaning across the home environment and ensuring laundry is washed and finished to put away to a high standard. The key is to consider each person’s own space and how they like their room and possessions to be kept/displayed. Every resident is different, and you must respect their individuality. It’s all about creating a friendly, supportive environment – one where people are independent and free to make their own choices.
As the house keeper / Laundry assistant you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Laundry of resident’s clothes, bedding and linen are laundered to high standard to prevent infection
- To ensure all laundered clothes are put away in the correct residents’ rooms and in the correct place
- To ensure all laundered Linen to put in the linen cupboard and that the linen cupboard is kept clean and tidy
- To ensure that the all laundry is washed in accordance with Health and safety standards and infection control procedures
- To ensure that all area of the home including furniture are cleaned to a high standard to prevent infection
- To ensure that all statutory Health and Safety standards are met when cleaning resident’s bedrooms, kitchenettes and all communal areas including toilets, bathrooms and sluices.
- To restock products in throughout the home, in resident’s bedrooms, kitchenettes and all communal areas including toilets, bathrooms and sluices
Ideally, you’ll have worked with elderly people before, including those with dementia or physical disabilities. However, we’re also interested in people with a naturally caring attitude who are flexible and reliable. It’s important you can work as part of a team and keep accurate records. Above all, you must be people-focused and enjoy working with our residents.
Join us, and you will have the chance to build your skills with high quality training. Even better, you’ll find your greatness by taking care of older people and enhancing their wellbeing.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire ‘A great place to live and work'.
We have 12 assigned values - Respect, Individuality ,Simplicity, Inclusivity, Perseverance, Timeliness, Transparency, Honesty, Courage, Having Fun, Humility and Kindness.
What we can offer you :
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A supportive and inclusive environment that values and celebrates differences
- Staff network and support groups
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance: click here
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering support to all employees through workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- Training and Learning offer – we have access to hundreds of courses and role specific training is also available
- Access to discounts from local and national retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Suzanne Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 300 6229
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Central Bedfordshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore we welcome applications from everyone. In addition we are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.