Team: School Admissions
Job Family: Providing - CBG6
Salary: £20,444 to £22,129 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role
Contract Type: Hybrid - Permanent
Closing Date: 3rd October 2022
Interview Date: 6th October 2022 – this will take place via Microsoft Teams. This software is free for users. If there is an issue with accessing this technology, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements prior to the interview.
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results. Except for us, it’s all about our 289,000 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
This is a great time to join us on our journey.
More about the role:
Here in the School Admissions Team, we support parents and children as they apply for a school place. By fostering great relationships with schools, we aim to deliver successful results in a timely manner. It’s all part of our wider commitment to keep Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work. You’ll find your own greatness as you work towards our vision of providing a helpful service that gives everyone access to education.
We process around 13,000 applications a year, so you’ll be joining a fast-paced and dedicated team. Alongside other Admission Officers, you’ll be responsible for handling a proportion of admissions for schools and academies in Central Bedfordshire. You’ll offer advice to parents and schools, log parental preferences and ensure that deadlines are met.
GCSE Educated and with demonstrable experience in an office environment, you’ll become a vital part of the team. We’ll expect you to have excellent customer service skills and experience using database applications as well. You’ll work effectively to deadlines and thrive under pressure. Positive and proactive, you’ll have a forward-thinking attitude and an infectious ‘can-do’ manner. Like us, you’ll have a great attention to detail and work to the highest standard.
The role will predominately require the post holder to work from home. You will be supported in terms of IT and equipment required to do so.
Join us and ensure that all schools and parents are supported through the application process. You’ll have access to flexi-time hours, and internal training courses, so you’ll quickly realise your own greatness as you help others achieve theirs.
What we can offer you
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
- Hybrid working arrangements as appropriate. We recognise the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way. As a hybrid worker you will be able to work from home with access to any CBC location.
- A £250 one off hybrid worker payment, helping you achieve a safe and suitable work space at home
- Support to work from abroad for up to a month a year where appropriate
- Generous family friendly policies and practices
- A supportive and inclusive environment that values and celebrates differences
- Staff network and support groups
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance: click here
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering support to all employees through workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
- Training and Learning offer – we have access to hundreds of courses and role specific training is also available
- Access to discounts from local and national retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Samantha Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 300 4997
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore we welcome applications from everyone. In addition we are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all.