Employer: Wokingham Borough Council
Salary: Grade 7 £29,577 - £32,910 per annum pro rata
Location: Shute End/Home Working
Contract: 1-year fixed term
Working Pattern: Part Time
Hours: 18.5 hours per week.
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 30/9/2022 at 11pm
About the role
As a forward-thinking local authority, that continues to change and evolve we are expanding our team in order that our officers can work more proactively with our tenants and communities. We want every interaction with residents, customers and colleagues to be the very best experience we can make it. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced Housing Officer to join our team on a 1-year fixed term contract. As this is a part time role we can be flexible within reason to accomodate people with family or other commitments.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Focus and commitment to help and support communities.
- A can-do attitude; trustworthy and dependable.
- The ability to listen and extract and assess important information.
- A commitment to embracing change and support and encourage community change.
- Methodical, with an eye for detail.
- Be able to act on their own initiative and take ownership and responsibility.
- A desire to improve their skills, knowledge and experience.
- Housing Management knowledge and experience is required for this position
- Working with customers, colleagues and other professionals in a polite, respectful and supportive manner in different arenas.
- The ability to work in a multi-agency environment.
If you have excellent communication, organisational and IT skills, and previous housing management experience we would like to hear from you.
You may be needed to work across all areas of the borough to support the wider team and therefore a driving license is essential for this post.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Please contact Catherine Turner via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07901 105339 if you would like to discuss this role further.
Closing Date: 30/9/22, 11pm