Abbey School for Exceptional Children is a bespoke independent special school for children and young people with autism, whom may have additional learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge.
We are building our staff teams in our residential provision ready to support our young people for when they start with us. We are currently seeking to appoint multiple enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Residential Support Workers who are committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability and their families.
The role of residential support worker involves fully supporting the daily needs of our young people to deliver the highest quality of care to those who reside in Abbey Green Residential Setting.
This is a permanent, full-time post and we are seeking to appoint for a start date as soon as possible.
The post holder will:
- Work holistically as part of a team with education staff and families to plan, practice and collect evidence of progress within the 24- hour extended curriculum.
- Create a positive environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
- Competitive salary
- Suite of staff benefits including pension scheme
- Technology appropriate for your job
- Comprehensive staff training programme
- Access to WeCare which is a 24/7 online GP, mental health support service, get fit programme and much more.
- Access to MediCash program for wellbeing benefits
- High Staffing ratios
- The opportunity to shape and improve the life chances of pupils with a disability, and in so doing, extend the prospect of an improved quality of life for family members and others
For further information please download the Recruitment Pack below which contains a detailed job description and person specification. Candidates who are successfully invited to interview must meet all of the essential criteria listed in the person specification.
We welcome you to also visit our website https://www.abbeyschool.com/residential-support-worker/ for further information.