To clean communal internal and external areas including, estate roads, grassed and paved areas, courtyard/garage/forecourt/shed areas, washing line enclosures, service roads, footpaths, walkways, playgrounds, flower beds, shrubbery and other communal parts as directed using appropriate supplied equipment.
To be responsible for courteous, efficient customer service conduct at all times.
To handle resident issues efficiently and effectively while maintaining Peabody Behaviours.
To be responsible for reporting any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents or the property.
To be responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by Peabody
To lead and promote a positive health and safety culture, ensuring, as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
Key performance indicators:
- Cleans communal internal* and external areas in line with agreed schedule, targets and priorities. *Includes nurseries, TA Halls, community centres etc. (to certain estates)
- Removes refuse bags and household items from hopper head areas, outside refuse chambers and other communal areas.
- Cleans overspill from refuse collection
- Changes paladin bins under refuse chute as necessary
- Cleans estate signs and low-level light bollards as necessary
- Clears blocked rubbish chutes
- Cleans internal & external glass (where accessible)
- Removes graffiti
- Removes and store (as appropriate) bulk rubbish in designated area
- Paint pram sheds, garages or other communal buildings
- Where necessary, makes safe broken windows/doors etc, pending repair by Maintenance staff
- Clears gutters, drain covers, hopper heads and rainwater pipes
- Where appropriate, unblocks drains, including kitchen drains (external to properties)
- Reports any estate defects, fly-tipping or anti-social behaviour to the appropriate authorities
- Checks communal lighting/timers and where accessible replaces blown bulbs as necessary, (including office light bulbs)
- Secures estate gates and doors where appropriate
- Where Fire Brigade keys are not fitted, assist contractors etc. with access to intake cupboards
- Advises Team Manager/Supervisor of equipment to be ordered
- Ensures stores and equipment are secure and accounted for.
- Delivers Trust letters, circulars etc as appropriate to residents’ properties
- Actively engages and participates in regular scheduled one to one meetings with Team Manager/Supervisor
Knowledge/Experience/ Skills required:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- IT literacy skills and the ability to use mobile/hand-held device for emails, photos.
- Capacity and willingness to receive training in the use of special equipment, materials and chemicals
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Experience of providing professional and accountable cleaning and caretaking services.
- Health and Safety awareness & knowledge of COSHH
£20,645.00 Basic Salary + Annual Bonus + Employee Benefit & Reward Scheme.
Excellent prospects and personal advancement opportunities within Peabody
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.