Are you passionate about supporting the young residents of Tower Hamlets? Are you looking for a fresh new challenge within a dynamic team?
Careers & Social Mobility is a new team and our role is to provide effective development and delivery of the Council’s careers guidance offer through collaboration and engagement. Our key focus is on careers education and personal development of our young residents to increase the social and cultural capital, careers pathway knowledge, and relevant experiences of young people in the borough so they develop and achieve their learning and career goals.
The team coordinates multiple action strands from the Council’s 14-25 Strategy and the Black Asian Multi-Ethnic Communities Action Plan. In addition, the team is responsible for developing strategy and new complementary work streams in collaboration with partners to broaden the range of aspirational career progression pathways for under-represented groups.
Our ambition is to enable schools and young people to have equal access to a broader offer of careers education and to facilitate access to interactive experiences, work experience, and apprenticeship and job opportunities.
This role is fixed term contract up to 2 years. We are looking for someone creative, energetic and passionate about the careers and social mobility agenda who can help contribute to the development of this new team. We are happy to consider and help negotiate a secondment to accommodate this fixed term cover.
You will have:
- An energetic, creative and positive approach to supporting the team's agenda
- Confident communication skills with an ability to engage multiple stakeholders at a time
- Knowledge of, or an interest in, developing and understanding the careers landscape
- An ability to work independently using initiative to achieve required results
- A proactive approach to making a real difference to the lives of our young residents
- A creative approach to connecting with local businesses, educators and communities
- Able to multi-task and stay calm under pressure when dealing with multiple stakeholders
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Usha Kong, Careers & Social Mobility Manager on email@example.com
About Tower Hamlets – The Best of London in one borough!
Tower Hamlets is one of the UK's most culturally vibrant and diverse areas, at the heart of London's East End. Our vision is that local communities will be independent, strong and vibrant. We want you to be part of the future that we are creating, and to help us make a difference.
We are proud of our values because they demonstrate how we work. We have five core values:
- Together - We work TOGETHER across boundaries and with partners to achieve the best outcomes for Tower Hamlets
- Open and honest - We are OPEN and transparent
- Willing - We are WILLING to challenge, innovate and be accountable
- Excellence - We empower each other to be EXCELLENT and go the extra mile
- Respect - We RESPECT all communities; they are the heart of everything we do
Applications close 31st August 2022, and it is intended that interviews will take place on Monday 12th September 2022
Tower Hamlets is a modern, forward thinking local authority, offering flexible working arrangements, generous annual leave, local government pension scheme and other staff benefits.
This post is open to the following types of applicants: Redeployees/ Internal/ External/ Agency
All applications should be made via our online application system, no CV’s or alternative forms of applications are accepted. Internal employees should apply via the council's Intranet. External applicants apply via the Council's website www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/careers