Are you a great organiser? Are you self-motivated and enjoy being part of a busy team? Do you have a keen attention to detail and worked with payments, invoices and petty cash? Do you have excellent minute taking skills?
If you can answer yes to these questions you could well be the person we are looking for. The Family Safeguarding West Team, based in Newbury, Berkshire are looking for a full time Business Support Officer who will take a lead in the administration for a front line team of Social Workers and Family Support Workers. You will also supervise a small team of Business Support Administrators.
Tasks will include:
- Provide high quality, confidential PA administration to the team manager
- Maintain a variety of databases and financial systems, producing reports as necessary
- Arrange meetings, prepare and distribute agendas and take comprehensive minutes
- Perform and oversee a range of financial tasks including the control of petty cash, processing purchase orders and invoices
- Handle a range of telephone and personal enquiries from internal and external customers and contacts, referring to others as appropriate
- Maintain and update client files and records on Care Director
- Supervise and support four Business Support staff.
West Berkshire Children and Family Services is regarded for the quality of service it provides and as a great place to work. With a well-established, flexible, multi-disciplinary approach to service delivery that ensures communication is fast, easy and effective.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential for this role.
The opportunity to work from home for part of the week will be available after successfully completing your induction.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days.
Please contact Julie Povey on 01635 503573 for an informal chat about this role.