6-month fixed term contract. There may be a requirement to work evenings and weekends on occasions.
Reading Play have an exciting opportunity that has opened for a team leader role, this post plays an important role in the delivery of activities at prospect park, leading teams and standards and ensuring facilities are welcoming and safe.
As a team leader, you will be supporting and managing the front-line team and the delivery of sports, facilities, and events at Prospect Park along with assisting the wider team with educational support programmed activity.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
- This role will be managing the prospect park activity site and managing staff and facilities.
- Activities include on site family activities and the football and sports courts bookings in evenings and weekends, supporting clients with their scheduled time slots and assisting with enquires.
- Supporting the booking and finance officer with reports and scheduling.
- You shall also need to be able to form positive working relationships with clients, to help assisting with the organisation of activities or assisting with the schedule of bookings.
- The role will require you to manage and support with all on going general maintenance and health and safety checks, staff training and team meetings in relation to the activities, the 3G pitches, outdoor facilities and tennis courts.
- Monitoring court and facility bookings and events to ensure staff levels are appropriate, assist with recruitment and training and to ensure that facilities are safe, clean and inviting to customers whilst complying with the health & Safety regulations.
- This post has some budgetary responsibility and the individual will need to be demonstrate experience in leisure or play facility management.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
Reading Play is looking for a creative and highly motivated team leader to join their team. You will need to be both passionate about your work and excited about the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of leisure and sporting opportunities for our community. You will need to be organised with strong people skills and can influence and build relations with key stakeholders.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years.
- The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 4th September 2022
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.