Arun District Council are looking to employ a multi skilled tradesperson to carry out maintenance within its corporate buildings, along with day-to-day tasks to ensure the buildings are safe and ready to be used by staff, councillors, and the public. The job is worked on a three weekly rota system, this may also include cover of Bognor Regis Town Hall when there is leave/sickness. Our team provide a first-class service ensuring the maintenance and standards within and around the buildings remain high.
To be part of our skilled and dynamic team, you must:
- Be willing to work as part of a team to provide a high-quality standard within Council Buildings
- Have experience of working as part of a team.
- Be of a flexible nature
- Be a quick learner and willing to develop and learn
- Be able to use a variety of computerised resources to access and process information
- Have enthusiasm, drive, commitment, and reliability
- Be able to develop good working relationships with colleagues, customers, and contractors.
We offer in return:
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave (subject to continuous service) plus paid Bank Holidays
- Flexi-time - an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/ Christmas Savings/ Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development opportunities
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2022
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.