ARE YOU READY TO HELP INNOVATE AND SHAPE THE FUTURE OF CARE IN SUFFOLK?
This is your opportunity to help us to innovate and shape the future of domiciliary care in individual’s homes seven days a week across Suffolk.
Home First Service
The Home First Service provides domiciliary care in individuals' homes seven days a week for extended hours, this includes short term enablement planning and delivery, functional assessment and ongoing care when this cannot be provided by local homecare providers (Provider of Last Resort). The service includes an out of hours service. The Home First Service is essential to providing customers with information on personal budgets, direct payments, digital care and community services and supports living independently and safely at home. Home First provides short-term assessment and reablement care and support service to people living in their own homes. Home First acts as the Provider of Last Resort for long term care provision across Adult and Community Services (ACS). Assessment and short-term support services may be required following a stay in hospital, an illness or crisis at home or to help avoid an admission into hospital. This service which is registered with the Care Quality Commission works closely with health teams and other partners across the health and care system.
This is a key senior management post within the Adult and Community Services Directorate, you will be at the forefront of developing, communicating and implementing new approaches to reablement to drive ongoing organisational and system change. To do this you will have strong staff, project and change management skills, excellent communication skills and a proven ability to manage large numbers of senior stakeholders, complex programmes and tight deadlines. The main purpose of the role is:
- To be accountable for and lead the Home First Reablement Service
- In conjunction with the ACS Directorate Management Team (DMT), and in line with the strategic direction set by the Council’s Corporate Leadership Team (CLT), set the strategic direction for the county-wide reablement service
- To act as the senior officer within the Authority on issues relating to reablement, establishing a sound knowledge base and providing strategic and operational advice and guidance in response to legislation and key national/regional/local policy drivers to SCC and partners, including Health
- Be accountable for providing operational oversight, strategic direction and leadership of change and transformation programmes for Home First. This includes integrating with the three health and care systems, delivering efficiency and savings targets and embracing opportunities for using digital care and other technology to improve services
- To lead directorate programmes and projects to establish modern and robust approaches to reablement that ensure the well-being of customers
- Take a strategic lead on the development of integrated reablement services with Health and other partners
- Ensure that the service embeds the principles of signs of safety and develop close working relationships with social care teams, the domiciliary care market and broader health and care system, to obtain the best outcomes for the people of Suffolk
- To promote and maintain strong leadership networks that motivate and support partners and staff in the delivery of new and innovative approaches to reablement
- Implement legislative changes
- You will be effectively promoting Suffolk County Council’s vision, objectives and priorities to your staff, our partners, and the public and inspire others by role modelling our organisational values at all times. You will promote a culture of value for money, customer focus and continuous improvement
- Reports to the Area Director with the strategic lead for reablement
- Line management and leadership of 4 Registered CQC Managers and Grade 8 Deputy and Transformation Manager
- Leadership of 400 Home First staff including Occupational Therapists, Team Leaders, Assessors, Reablement Support Workers and Business and Finance Administrators
- Works with Area Directors and the social work and service development and contract management teams across 3 geographical locations in Suffolk and with the Learning Disability and Autism teams
- Care Quality Commission - as the CQC Responsible Individual for the Service.
- Health and wider partners within the integrated health and care systems across the three ACS areas
- Home care providers – to ensure effective customer transfers
- ACS Business Continuity teams and ensure business continuity for Home First Service
We are looking for an exceptionally strong and experienced operational leader with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the major issues facing local government and the specific challenges facing Adult and Community Services.
You will have a clear track record of leading and developing CQC registered reablement and associated care services.
You can view a full list of requirements and duties in the Job and Person Profile (link below).
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role, even if you don’t meet all the requirements, please apply. We would appreciate the opportunity to consider your application
For more information
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Mark Bearn or Laurence Wolahan of HAYS by visiting www.hays.co.uk/jobs/leadingsuffolk
Suffolk County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.