Do you want to join us?
When Children's Services get involved in the life of a child our priority is to make sure our social workers have the support, time and resources they need to provide an excellent quality of service - the kind of service we ourselves would wish to receive.
We do not believe in making it unnecessarily difficult for people to foster. We want to help them join our team of valued foster carers and then give them the support they need to provide quality care to children and young people.
The Assistant Team Manager role: you will work with the Team Manager and 2 other Assistant Team Managers to provide overall support to the family placement service and to achieve the objectives of our Placements Strategy.
- Contribute to the overall management of the Family Placement Team, taking lead responsibility for identified areas of service delivery and development.
- Line management and supervision responsibility for social workers.
- Provide information, advice, guidance and support to other colleagues in the team.
- Responsibility for the Family Placement duty system and carrying out Duty Manager tasks.
- Responsibility for allocation of assessments, monitoring of assessment timescales, and ensuring agreed recommendations and decisions are actioned.
- Working closely and flexibly with colleagues in other Children’s Services teams and foster carers to maximise placement stability, including attending and chairing meetings.
We know that the success of ANY team will be dependent upon the people we employ. We are keen to hear from those that are flexible, dynamic and willing to work with safe uncertainty, to achieve the best outcomes for our children.
If you are interested in this role and would like a further discussion or information please contact Anisha Reed (Team Manager, Family Placements Team) at email@example.com
Vacancy closes: Sunday 2nd October at 11pm
To apply, please follow the link below to complete the online application form.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
WBC is an equal opportunities employer.