30 Hours per week
Starting Salary is £20,610 (based on 30 hours)
Rising by a spinal point each year until you reach top of grade at £22,308 (based on 30 hours)
You will assist with enforcement action under the appropriate legislation and follow up on environmental reports and ensure they have been satisfactorily dealt with.
You will investigate offences and record evidence in line with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 in order that legal proceedings may be pursued.
You will attend Magistrates, County and other courts to give evidence on behalf of the Council as appropriate and issue Fixed Penalty Notices for offences relating to environmental crime, animal welfare, dog control and others as determined.
You must have:
· Experience in an enforcement role
· Working knowledge of Computer systems
· Ability to interpret detailed legal content
· An organised approach to work including evidence gathering, preparing files etc. for prosecutions
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a range of audiences
· Ability to act on initiative to deal with unexpected or unusual circumstances
'No CV or Agencies please'
Closing date 7th October 2022