Closing date - 25th September 2022
Interview date - Thursday 6th October 2022
The Housing Service is seeking an experienced housing professional to join a busy team of Housing Officers working to provide an effective income and debt management service to our residents ensuring that the focus is on tenancy sustainment.
The team are responsible for the collection of income from over 5,100 properties and the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective delivery of income services for a designated area. This includes covering arrears, negotiating payment agreements, maximising entitlement to benefits and helping our residents to sustain their tenancy.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a busy team of Housing Officers ensuring all income management functions are undertaken to a high standard, within the required timescales and in accordance with agreed targets.We want to help our residents to sustain their tenancies and ensure that everyone receives an excellent customer experience.
You will need to have:
- Experience of working in the housing sector
- Experience of income recovery and debt management
- Knowledge of housing benefits and Universal Credit
- The skills and knowledge plus the enthusiasm and passion for delivering excellent customer services
We offer some of the best terms and conditions available in local government including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- 25 days annual leave per year (pro rata) rising to 32 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
Please read the job description for more details on this role.
For an informal discussion regarding this post and the opportunities it offers please contact Mike Carey, Income Services Manager (Interim), on 01962 848100